Jet lag can affect anyone regardless of age or gender and usually occurs when travelling through 3 or more different time zones. It can significantly disrupt your body clock, which regulates your natural routines like sleeping and waking up. Disturbing it can cause loss of appetite, fatigue, headaches and lack of concentration, so if you want to stay free from such symptoms, try the following :-
- Modify your sleeping pattern a couple of days prior to travelling so that you are accustomed to the new time zone.
- Make sure you rest sufficiently during the flight and take frequent naps.
- Keep hydrated with plenty of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol which can aggravate the symptoms while also keeping you awake.
- Get into natural sunlight as soon as you arrive at your destination.
- Consider a melanin-based treatment, which can ease symptoms and regulate your sleeping patterns.
- Eat a high protein breakfast on the morning at your destination as this can help you to avoid tiredness throughout the day.”